Call for Proposals for “Local Authorities:
Partnerships for Sustainable Cities”
The European Union (EU) has published on February 12th 2020 a global call for Proposals for Local Authorities, seeking proposals to promote integrated urban development through partnerships built among Local Authorities of the EU Member States and of partner countries in accordance with the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development.
The deadline for delivering the proposals is March 27th 2020.
The Specific objectives of this call are:
• Strengthen urban governance;
• Ensure social inclusiveness of cities;
• Improve resilience and greening of cities;
• Improve prosperity and innovation in cities; and
• Strengthen institutional resilience in context of fragility.
We, at ISOCARP Institute, would like to support the Local Authorities applications with our knowledge and global network, sharing our experience in project development and implementation. The ISOCARP Institute can e.g. contribute with technical assistance, but much more support your application in achieving the four priorities of the call, which are:
• Contribution to the achievement of SDG11;
• Integrate the promotion of peer-to-peer learning;
• Promote multi-stakeholders and multi-sectors approaches;
• Promote the EU development cooperation Rights-based approach, encompassing all human rights.
Furthermore, ISOCARP Institute can support in achieving the triangular cooperation (partnership between two or more local authorities – host, EU partner, co-provider), with smart cities approach and job creation mechanisms.
What do you have to do?
• Based on the Call for Proposals, identify if your local authority is eligible in checking the lot and objectives your local authority is appropriate.
• Set up an appropriate working group developing the proposal, identify possible partners -including EU local authority- and co-providers.
• Define a working plan for proposal delivery before March 27th 2020.
Do not hesitate to contact us at ISOCARP Institute if you need support.