JOB OPPORTUNITY: EU Finance Administrator
EU Finance Administrator at ISOCARP Institute
Den Haag, Netherlands
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague, the Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as a non- profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Center for Urban Excellence – a think-tank empowering individuals, organisations, and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short- term consultancy services, as well as design, and deliver capacity development and continuing education programmes. The institute is involved in several EU research projects, offers technical assistance globally, as well as engaged in capacity development projects with other international partners.
Job profile of an EU Finance Administrator:
We are seeking for a part-time staff member with experience in project management interested to reinforce and support our growing international team. The financial administrator will support and assist us in the management of our multiple projects (EU and international funded projects). To apply for this position, you need to have at least 3-5 years of experience in the financial administration of EU-funded projects.
- EU Finance and Administration
- – Financial planning, budgeting, and reporting; outlining of contracts; processing payments and monitoring budgetary performance for specific EU funded projects.
- – Ensure a high quality of finance-related workflows within the projects and in relation to our donors (notably the European Commission) as well as compliance with the specific guidelines provided by the European Commission.
- – Coordinate together with Project Manager and Project Assistants the collection of effort evidence, expenses, etc. for the project as well as administrative and legal documentation.
- – Contribute to financial and administrative aspects of new project applications.
- – Support in the financial implementation of EU projects.
2. Internal finances:
- – Support the directors in the administration of finances of ISOCARP Institute.
- – Processing and archiving of invoices, including in view of external audits.
- – Ensure the smooth processing of financial administration across the office.
3. In addition, you:
- – Bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a young, dynamic, and international environment.
- – Are a team player, with the ability to engage with stakeholders
- – Can work independently
- – Can coordinate several projects simultaneously
- – You hold a university degree (BA or higher) in relevant subjects (e.g., administration, finance, economics, management, or other courses related to this discipline);
- – You have proven working experience in managing the internal finances of a Dutch organisation;
- – You have proven working experience related to EU project finance administration;
- – You are autonomous and proactive in building and setting up (new) operational processes from scratch;
- – You have documentation skills and data management;
- – You have knowledge of EU funding programmes;
- – Asset: you have experience in associations, foundations, or non-profit organisations;
- – You are curious, open-minded, and experienced in the communication with high-level institutional partners;
- – You have excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Dutch and other European languages are an asset;
- We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Therefore, those candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority (we accept candidates from different nationalities).
What do we offer:
- – 16 hrs week contract, with the possibility of increase
- – Work in an exciting, multi-disciplinary international team;
- – The opportunity to develop yourself through varied assignments;
- – A competitive salary;
- – Flexibility in distributing your working hours, working from home also possible;
- – Hands-on-experience in EU projects in a friendly, encouraging working environment.
How to apply:
Please apply using this link: EU Finance Administrator at ISOCARP Institute – 2521 Den Haag – Indeed.com application form. Or send a resume and cover letter to Ms. Taliah Dommerholt (Project Manager). Please use as a subject line: Surname, EU Finance Administrator.
For questions about the application, please send an email to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 18th November 2022
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Salary: From €2,000.00 per month
Experience: Financial administration: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in 2521 CA Den Haag
Application Deadline: 18/11/2022
Expected Start Date: 29/11/2022