Project Manager / Researcher (28-36 h)
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague/Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Centre for Urban Excellence – a think tank empowering individuals, organisations and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short-term consultancy services, as well as design and deliver capacity building and continuing education programmes. The Institute is involved in several EU research projects, technical assistance globally, engaged in capacity building projects with international partners, and more.
We are looking for an experienced project manager and researcher with in-depth knowledge of international urban development, current trends and practices, who will continue to establish the Institute as the project office of the ISOCARP Society.
Your tasks will include the management of ongoing activities, development of new projects through project proposal writing, as well as coordinating and maintaining the relationship to the Society and its members.
We are looking for a motivated, independent and creative individual who is able to balance different tasks and responsibilities effectively and collaborate with the team in both Institute and Society.
The position will be based in The Hague (NL) but can be commenced in a flexible scheme due to restrictions of the pandemic. The office location will move in the coming months but will remain in the same region. The preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
- Project management;
- Writing of deliverables, reports, news articles, proposals, and grants;
- Monitoring and evaluation of ongoing activities;
- Project development;
- Facilitation of training and capacity building;
- Operation of platforms such as (project) websites and social media channels.
- Master degree in Urban Planning/Development/Design, International Development or related fields;
- At least 4-5 years of experience from which at least 2 years should be related to project management in an international environment;
- Proven experience in project management, reporting, facilitating and presenting at events;
- Experience with communications, online and offline;
- Broad understanding of current trends of the international urban development sector;
- Outstanding written and spoken English skills;
- Creative design and layouting skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and perform well in diverse and fast-paced environments;
- Willingness to travel frequently (once conditions allow) within EU and globally;
- Familiarity with ISOCARP’s work;
- Fluency in second or third language;
- Knowledge of EU and other funding and reporting schemes;
- Experience in grant writing;
- Existing working permit for the Netherlands;
- Knowledge of CMS (WordPress), communication tools (Mailchimp, Hootsuite, …) design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere).
What we offer
- Working with a great team locally and project partners globally;
- Flexibility in working approach and focus;
- Competitive salary and commuting reimbursements;
- A one-year contract with the opportunity for extension.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out the form and upload a cover letter, maximum 2-page CV, and other relevant materials as one single pdf (<10MB).
The application deadline is 6 PM, CEST, on 12 August 2020. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, therefore, we recommend applying as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email@example.com.