JOB OPPORTUNITY: EU Project Manager at ISOCARP Institute
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague, the Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as a non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Center for Urban Excellence – a think-tank empowering individuals, organisations, and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short-term consultancy services, as well as design, and deliver capacity development and continuing education programmes. The institute is involved in several EU research projects, offers technical assistance globally, as well as engaged in capacity development projects with other international partners.
We are seeking for a full-time staff member interested in urban issues to assist us in delivering our projects. The project manager will support and assist us in the management of our multiple projects, both, within the EU and at international level. To apply for this position, you need to have at least 3-4 years of experience with at least 2 years in EU/international project administration.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, independent and creative individual who is able to balance different tasks and responsibilities effectively and collaborate with the ISOCARP Institute team.
Support the implementation of our projects
Managing the general project implementation of our Horizon 2020 projects
- Facilitate and coordinate communication plans with partners and clients, act as a liaison between the organisation, the public and the media through different (digital) channels.
- Supporting in the administration of projects financially. Experience in EU budgeting accountancy and financing is a strong asset.
Support the delivery of capacity building activities, in terms of coordination and content creation, including training modules, animation of online and in-person trainings and workshops;
- Have a good knowledge of transition governance processes. Hands-on experience with local level governments or stakeholder engagement is an added value;
- Project Proposal
- Assisting in the acquisition and research projects (i.e. Horizon 2020 etc.) including: stakeholder engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, writing proposals, and drafting budgets;
- Communicate and actively engage with high-level institutional partners.
- In addition, you:
- Bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a young, dynamic, and international environment;
- Are a team player, with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders;
- Can work independently as well as in teams;
- Can coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Assists in the acquisition and research of projects, including: stakeholder engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, and proposal writing.
- Have experience in managing and coordinating an international team.
- You hold a master’s degree in social sciences, geography, urban studies, public administration, environmental sciences, or other discipline with a strong interest in the urban spectrum;You have minimum 3 – 4 years relevant working experience with at least 2 years in EU or international project administration.You are autonomous and proactive in building and setting up consortia, project ideas etc.You have documentation skills and data management;You are curious, open-minded, and experienced in the communication with high-level institutional partners;You have excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Other European languages are an asset;We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Therefore, those candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority (we accept candidates from all different nationalities).
What we offer
24 hrs/week (3 days) negotiable;
Work in an exciting, multi-disciplinary international team;
The opportunity to develop yourself through varied assignments including presenting results in international events/conferences;
A competitive salary;
Flexibility in distributing your working hours, working from home also possible;
Hands-on-experience in real EU-projects in a friendly, encouraging working environment.
How to apply:
Please apply using this job application form
Deadline to apply: 30th November 2021
If you have questions about this vacancy, please send an e-mail to Ms. Gisela Garrido Veron (Project Manager): email@example.com