JOB OPPORTUNITY: Project Communication Manager at ISOCARP Institute
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague, the Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as a non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Center for Urban Excellence – a think-tank empowering individuals, organisations, and institutions to achieve better human settlements.
We are looking full-time Project Communication Manager in capturing and exploiting the impact and activities of all internal Institute and external project related communications. The Communication Manager will contribute in the management of our multiple projects through developing strategies and monitoring communication and dissemination, managing social media, website management tasks, infographics and other multimedia graphics. To apply for this position, you need to have very good knowledge of WordPress and graphic design programmes – Adobe Creative Suite programmes such as, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premier, etc.
We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority. ISOCARP Institute accepts candidates from all nationalities.
Communication and Dissemination
- Supporting the general project implementation specially on the management of communication and dissemination materials;
- Assist the management, programmes and operation teams in formalizing their presentation, designing handouts and booklets;
- Preparing eye-catching and engaging visual materials, handbooks, infographics and manuals;
- Assisting in both managing the ISOCARP Institute and ISOCARP Society in organizing and updating content libraries/repositories;
- Update and disseminate informative materials and recent events across our project social media channels – Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Design and implement all types of graphic design work including reports, publications, posters, brochures, flyers, logos, banners, and multi-media creatives;
- Design promotional materials for disseminating within the organization and throughout the country as well as external stakeholders;
- Ensure project branding, style, and tone are implemented across all channels;
- Translate complicated technical terms into compelling and communicative visualisations.
- Website Management
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organisation’s and the project’s websites;
- Update appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy and events;
- Improve user experience of the websites regularly.
- In addition, you:
- Bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a young, dynamic, and international environment;
- Are a team player, with the ability to engage with stakeholders;
- Can coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Assisting in the acquisition and research of projects, including: stakeholder engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, and proposal writing.
What we offer
36 hrs/week negotiable;
Work in an exciting, multi-disciplinary international team;
The opportunity to develop yourself through varied assignments including presenting results in international events/conferences;
A competitive salary;
Flexibility in distributing your working hours, working from home also possible;
Hands-on-experience in real EU-projects in a friendly, encouraging working environment.
How to apply:
Please apply using this job application form
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis with the anticipation to start March 1st, 2022
If you have questions about this vacancy, please send an e-mail to Ms. Gisela Garrido Veron (Project Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org