JOB OPPORTUNITY: EU Project Manager
EU Project Manager at ISOCARP Institute
Den Haag, Netherlands
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague, the Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as a non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Center for Urban Excellence – a think-tank empowering individuals, organisations, and institutions to achieve better human settlements.
Job profile of a Project Manager:
We are seeking a full-time staff member interested in urban challenges to carry out project management and support research communication responsibilities. The project manager will manage and support content development in multiple projects, both at the EU and internal levels. To apply for this position, you must have 2-3 years of experience of EU/International project management experience.
We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority. ISOCARP Institute accepts candidates from all nationalities.
- Support the implementation of our projects:
- Managing the general project implementation of our Horizon 2020 projects
- Facilitate and coordinate communication plans with partners and clients, act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media through different (digital) channels.
- Supporting in the administration of projects financially. Experience in EU budgeting accountancy and financing is a strong asset.
2. Capacity building:
- Support the delivery of capacity building activities, in terms of coordination and content creation, including training modules, animation of online and in-person trainings and workshops;
- Have a good knowledge of transition governance processes. Hands-on experience with local level governments or stakeholder engagement is an added value;
3. Project proposals:
- Assisting in the acquisition and research projects (i.e. Horizon 2020 etc.) including: stakeholder engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, writing proposals, and drafting budgets;
- Communicate and actively engage with high-level institutional partners.
4. In addition, you:
- Bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a young, dynamic, and international environment;
- Are a team player, with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders;
- Can work independently as well as in teams;
- Can coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Assists in the acquisition and research of projects, including: stakeholder engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, and proposal writing.
- Have experience in managing and coordinating an international team.
- You hold a master’s degree in social sciences, geography, urban studies, public administration, environmental sciences, or other discipline with a strong interest in the urban spectrum;
- You have minimum 2 – 3 years relevant working experience with a focus in EU or international project administration.
- You are autonomous and proactive in building and setting up consortia, project ideas etc.
- You have documentation skills and data management;
- You are able to use develop graphical visual material and Microsoft and Adobe suite programs
- You are curious, open-minded, and experienced in the communication with high-level institutional partners;
- You have excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Other European languages are an asset;
- We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Therefore, those candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority (we accept candidates from all different nationalities).
What do we offer:
- 32 hrs/week (3-4 days) negotiable;
- Work in an exciting, multi-disciplinary international team;
- The opportunity to develop yourself through varied assignments including presenting results in international events/conferences;
- A competitive salary;
- Flexibility in distributing your working hours, working from home also possible;
- Hands-on-experience in real EU-projects in a friendly, encouraging working environment.
How to apply:
Please apply using this application form. Only applications using this form will be accepted.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 8th June, 2022
To find out more about ISOCARP Institute, please visit our website https://www.isocarp-institute.org/